Thursday, January 29, 2015

Webquest Reflection: January 29, 2015

Our group did a "Day in Pompeii" Webquest. It was fun to research and look around at all the information that is available.

I came across a fun site that I would like to put here for future reference it is:

http://questgarden.com/search/
(a rather adorable pirate themed math one... http://questgarden.com/154/12/4/130506162724/index.htm) 

It is a WebQuest search area. On there are some cool WebQuests. Some of them encourage you to use them and even change them, as you need. The few I looked at - just ask you give credit where credit is due! Fair enough.

Ideas for use: books, science, parts of a sentence (different links to: adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc.). Math ideas... maybe how to use the stuff you learn, telling time, money, fractions, etc.

It's easy to use something like this as a review, but I will need to remember this can be a great "move to the next level" tool. Also, find a way to bring us back together to share our feedback? Could this be part of a "jigsaw" group? Everyone researches and comes together to share there findings?

I like that we have looked into this as a tool for the classroom. I am glad I now know how to create one of my own if I can't find what I am looking for. Along those same lines, if I find one that is open to change, I also know how to rework it for my needs. Fun stuff!!

Tools, Tools and MORE TOOLS!! Yay

No comments:

Post a Comment