Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January 6th 2015 - ISTE Reflection

Identify 3-5 specific ISTE standards with which you feel the most comfortable.

I seem to be the most comfortable with being a good example of proper use of technology and being happy to promote and share it. These were the standards that caught my attention.

  • Communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital age media and formats
  • Promote and model digital etiquette and responsible social interactions related to the use of technology and information
  • Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness
  • Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues and others in face-to-face and virtual environments

Identify 3-5 specific ISTE standards that would be important to you as teacher for which you need more preparation.

As far as needing more preparation pretty much this whole category, "Main Category: Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments." makes me a little nervous ;o) Here's a few others I would like to get better at.
  • Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity
  • Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources
  • Develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress
  • Evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning
What do you want to learn in this class?  

I would like to become more confident in using some of the things I learned in Cory's class (and the things I will learn this semester). I feel like I have been introduced to tools that can do some neat things, but I would like to become more confident with them. It would be nice to be a little bit FASTER! I enjoy blogs and videos and Glogster - it just takes me a long time to get things done. I guess practice will bring improvement. 
 
Also, just being introduced to new resources (like Padlet), things that have been "tried & true" is wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment