Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Parent Survey - January 13th

Doing forms in class today was perfect for me. We talked a little bit about it with Cory last semester - so I enjoyed getting into some of the other little details that can be helpful. I also like being able to brainstorm and hear ideas of how other people think to use these tools. Very helpful and good class for me today! Thanks.  

I am thinking I would like to use this blog as a place to help keep reminders and cool tricks that I am learning in this class. Here's a couple of things I would like to make sure I remember when using Google Forms: 
  • If I am going to email the link I need to "unclick" the Include Form box. That way you can see the cuteness. If not they will get just a plain form - it'll still work, it just won't be as fun! 
  • Remember ask for NAMES on forms. 
  • I like the statistics that you can use on the responses to forms (under the tab - FORM): showing summary, etc.
  • Get a QR code: goto goo.gl, remember to grab the URL from the "send form" screen. I don't want to send my form to someone with the "edit" ability! Use that URL to get a shorter URL for sharing. Also, look under "Details" to get the QR code. 
A few ideas for using forms/QR codes:
  • Parent surveys (put a QR code on the intro sheet parents get at Back to School night!)
  • Quick quizes/assessments
  • Class voting (class party, read aloud book choices, PJ day, etc) 
  • Student survey (tell me about you? favorites, what they've liked so far, etc)
  • Student projects: create a survey for the book you read, a science lesson you studied, etc. 
  • Use QR codes around the room for fast finishers, chrome book time centers, etc. Link the QR code to a survey, slide show, blog, etc. with activities for the class to do. SO FUN! 
One other quick reminder for me: When setting up a group in gmail, open up "more labels"! I always forget that's where the group set up is.  




No comments:

Post a Comment