Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Reflection on Audacity February 3rd 2015

We made our "Pompeii News" recording today and had a little too much fun. I think it will be one of those things that we think is really funny - but other people will just shrug their shoulders, roll their eyes and wonder why we are so amused. Oh well ;o)

The Audicity system seems pretty user friendly. I will  need to play with it a little bit more. I am slower at finding and uploading and moving things around. I can do it, just not as quickly as some of my younger cohort friends! But then I am the one who was listening when Pam, our teacher said, "Remember it won't let you make changes if you have it on PAUSE". So I do add some benefit to our group ;o) So remember for future reference: You need to STOP playing the clip to be able to manipulate it.

I appreciate the other sound clip libraries we had to work with. I am going to add them here, so I won't forget them:

Audio Resources

Soundzabound: Login to Pioneer Library (Links to an external site.) using the Student Login (pioneer, discover) to access a licensed version of Soundzabound
Freesound.org (Links to an external site.) :  Need to create a free account to download sounds
SoundBible (Links to an external site.)
Free Music Archive (Links to an external site.)

I think that's all I have on this one. 

p.s. Kahoot.it - fun for interactive quizzes with the class, when they have access to computers/chromebooks, etc. Pam says there are lots of pre-made quizzes to choose from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment